1.3 Order of Operations
This lesson is on the order of operations. Everything you learn in math is important but I would say mastering the order of operations is "extra" important to math students at this level. As a math teacher, I have seen so many student errors due to the lack of really understanding the order of operations. Hence, you should pay extra attention to the lesson and follow the procedure called "PEMDAS". Don't be fooled into thinking this is easy because you can do a few basic problems you really need to practice more difficult problems to have absolute confidence in this area.
- Watch The Lesson Video First - Take Good Notes.
- Next, Scroll All The Way Down The Page To View The Practice Problems - Try Them On Your Own.
- Check The Solutions To The Practice Problems By Looking At The Answer Key At The End Of The Worksheet.
- However, YOU MUST Still Watch The Video Solutions To The Practice Problems; These Are The Videos Labeled EX A, EX B, etc. - They Are Located Next To The Lesson Video.
- After You Do All Of The Practice Problems - Complete The Section and Advance To The Next Topic.