1.4 Translating Verbal and Algebraic Phrases
In this lesson you will learn how to translate a verbal (word phrase) into a variable expression like an equation or inequality. For many students, this skill of translating can be a little confusing but with practice and good note taking you can master the concepts. The reason you need to learn how to translate a verbal phrase into a variable phrase is it's part of what you have to do to solve algebra word problems. Like all lessons, watch the video as much as you need to in order to totally understand the objectives.
- Watch The Lesson Video First - Take Good Notes.
- Next, Scroll All The Way Down The Page To View The Practice Problems - Try Them On Your Own.
- Check The Solutions To The Practice Problems By Looking At The Answer Key At The End Of The Worksheet.
- However, YOU MUST Still Watch The Video Solutions To The Practice Problems; These Are The Videos Labeled EX A, EX B, etc. - They Are Located Next To The Lesson Video.
- After You Do All Of The Practice Problems - Complete The Section and Advance To The Next Topic.