Special Message from the Teacher
Special Message from the Teacher:
Welcome to the TabletClass Math Pre-Calculus course! First, I want to say that I’m very excited to have you as a student. Pre-Calculus is a very advance math course- you will want to have completed Algebra 2 successfully before starting this course. My goal is to give you an enjoyable and high quality learning experience, but most importantly my goal is to have you do great in Pre-Calculus so you can be prepared for more advance math like Calculus. I want you to know that you can master this material if you work hard and never give up. The secret to being successful in mathematics is your approach to studying the topic- i.e. your study habits. From years of teaching math I can say that people with the best study habits almost always earn the top test scores. As such, you must focus on the quality of your work and the effort you put into studying.
Below are critical guidelines for students as they take the course:
1. Never Give Up- this is a very advance math course! You must be fully committed to learning and mastering the course material. So, never give up - especially when a topic is not understood easily or immediately, you may need to watch videos more than once.
2. Strive to be as neat and organized as possible.
3. Excellent note taking is a must to succeed in math.
4. Show all steps when working problems.
5. Double check your work as you write your solution steps.
6. Always go back and review incorrect problems and discover where the error was made.
7. Master the fundamentals and don’t move forward unless you understand previous material.
Remember, the course material builds on itself so you want to ensure that you don’t skip chapters and sections. Furthermore, you want to correct your weak areas before moving onto the next topic. Lastly, I want to stress that you can be great in math if you work hard. Even if you have struggled in math before I want you to look at this course as a fresh start in your mathematics journey- I know in my heart you can ace Pre-Calculus!
Best of luck!
TabletClass Math Teacher