READ BEFORE YOU START
Welcome The TASC Math Lessons Premium Accelerator Course!
This course is designed for you to excel on the math section of the TASC exam.
First, I want to say that I’m very excited to have you as a student. My goal is to give you an enjoyable and high quality learning experience. Moreover, I want you to know that you can master this material if you work hard and never give up. The secret to being successful in mathematics is your approach to studying the topic- i.e. your study habits. From years of teaching math I can say that those students with the best study habits almost always earn the top grades. As such, you must keep yourself accountable for the quality of their work.
Below are critical guidelines for you as you take the course:
- Never give up- especially when a topic is not understood easily or immediately.
- Strive to be as neat and organized as possible.
- Excellent note taking is a must to succeed in math.
- Show all steps when working problems.
- Double check your work as you write your solution steps.
- Always go back and review incorrect problems and discover where the error was made.
- Master the fundamentals and don’t move forward unless you understand previous material.
- All the course material is important so try to finish as much of the course as you can before taking the TASC.
Calculators: In this course you will learn how to use a calculator for a variety of problems. Even though your exam may or may not allow the use of calculators, knowing how to use a calculator is a critical part of learning mathematics. Nevertheless, if you are not allowed to use a calculator you would still perform the same operations just by hand calculations/arithmetic. Exam policies on calculators and formula sheets can change so it’s suggested that you check the most current directions for your exam.
Remember, the course material builds on itself so you want to ensure that you don’t skip chapters and sections. Furthermore, you want to correct your weak areas before moving onto the next topic. Lastly, I want to stress that you can be great in math if you work hard. Even if you have struggled in math before I want you to look at this course as a fresh start in your mathematics journey- I know in my heart you can ace this course and most importantly pass the TASC!
Best of luck!