8.3 Translations and Glide Reflections
In this lesson I will teach you about translations and glide reflections. Assuming you have watched the previous lessons in this chapter you know we are studying transformations. Recall a transformation is a mapping of a figure to another location. In the previous lessons we have looked at the transformations of reflections, rotations and dilations. Now, we will explore another type of transformation called a translation. Wow I know the words "transformation" and "translation" are very similar so make sure to not to confuse the two. Ok, what is a translation? Well, a translation is a simple transformation such that we move a figure up or down or side to side. A glide reflection is a transformation where we first do a translation- then a reflection. Confused? Don't stress the video will show this very clearly and I'm sure you will understand. As in the other lessons you want to have graph paper and a ruler to practice the concepts. How do you like geometry so far? If you have watched and understood all the lessons to this point in the course you have a lot to be proud of- great work!
- Watch The Lesson Video First - Take Good Notes.
- Next, Scroll All The Way Down The Page To View The Practice Problems - Try Them On Your Own.
- Check The Solutions To The Practice Problems By Looking At The Answer Key At The End Of The Worksheet.
- However, YOU MUST Still Watch The Video Solutions To The Practice Problems; These Are The Videos Labeled EX A, EX B, etc. - They Are Located Next To The Lesson Video.
- After You Did All Of The Practice Problems - Complete The Section and Advance To The Next Topic.