READ BEFORE YOU START - THE CHAPTER ORDERS YOU MUST FOLLOW!
Special Message from the Teacher:
Welcome to the TabletClass Math ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Math Prep course! First, I want to say that I’m very excited to have you as a student. My goal is to give you an enjoyable and high quality learning experience, but most importantly my goal is to have you do great on the ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Exam so you can advance as a student in your school. I want you to know that you can master this material if you work hard and never give up. The secret to being successful in mathematics is your approach to studying the topic- i.e. your study habits. From years of teaching math I can say that people with the best study habits almost always earn the top test scores. As such, you must focus on the quality of your work and the effort you put into studying.
Special Note Before Starting:
1. This course has 18 chapters- this is a huge amount of material; however, if you don't have a lot of time to study for the ACCUPLACER Arithmetic exam just focus on these chapters below. Once you finish and master these specific chapters you can continue with the rest of the course to build up your math skills even stronger.
MOST CRITICAL CHAPTERS YOU MUST MASTER FOR THE EXAM:
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- All The Other Chapters (4 - 18) Are An Extra Bonus - They Will Help You With Future Math Courses! They Are Not Required For This Exam.
2. If you already have strong math skills, feel free to quickly review material you already think you know.
3. Do your best to review the MOST CRITICAL Chapters First - even if you can only spend a little time per chapter. Each chapter topic could very well be tested on the ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Exam.
4. Do not get stuck in any one of the optional chapters- learn as much as you can in a reasonable time then move forward; you can always go back and review. However, it's more important that you cover all the topics in the critical chapters even if you don't understand everything perfectly.
5. Doing practice problems is the most important part of learning math.
Calculators: In this course you will learn how to use a calculator for a variety of problems. Even though your exam may or may not allow the use of calculators, knowing how to use a calculator is a critical part of learning mathematics. Nevertheless, if you are not allowed to use a calculator you would still perform the same operations just by hand calculations/arithmetic. Exam policies on calculators and formula sheets can change so it’s suggested that you check the most current directions for your exam.
Below are critical guidelines to follow as you take the course:
1. Never give up- especially when a topic is not understood easily or immediately.
2. Strive to be as neat and organized as possible.
3. Excellent note taking is a must to succeed in math.
4. Show all steps when working problems.
5. Double check your work as you write your solution steps.
6. Always go back and review incorrect problems and discover where the error was made.
Remember, the course material builds on itself so you want to ensure that you don’t skip the chapters and sections unless you feel like you have a good grasp of the concepts. Furthermore, you want to try to correct your weak areas before moving onto the next topic. Lastly, I want to stress that you can be great in math if you work hard. Even if you have struggled with math before I want you to look at this course as a fresh start in your mathematics journey- I know in my heart you can ace this course and excel on the ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Exam!
Best of luck!
TabletClass Math Teacher